We went to J65 buffet dinner last week and we loved it! Here’s sharing our review of Hotel Jen dinner buffet! If you’re looking for a great place for a great buffet spread that has both quality and variety, definitely check J65 buffet dinner at Hotel Jen Tanglin out. They have a weekly themed buffet spread from now till end May 2017 and just reading the line-up will surely get you excited already!
- Sundays & Mondays: Enjoy the international buffet! Highlights of this theme includes a generous selection of roasted prime beef ribs, pork knuckles and Virginia honey lemon ham, baked whole Norwegian Salmon and barbecued pork ribs. And on the mains discover braised herbal duck, roasted chicken, Kam Heong prawns, Kungpao Squid and a lot more.
- Tuesdays: Anybody a big fan of Asian fare? Expect specialties from various Asian countries from home favourites to Malaysian, Indian, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Indonesian, Thailand and many more. Don’t miss the extended buffet at the alfresco (outdoor) stations of “Teh-Tarik”, the live whirling and twirling of “Roti Canai” to indoor live-kitchen churning out Tandoors to Laksa and soups…On the main, look out for the Indonesian Oxtail rendang, Thai steamed fish and many more.
- Wednesdays: It’s LOBSTER NIGHT. Ranging from Boston Lobsters to Mountain Lobsters to Slipper Lobsters, enjoy them in a huge variety of ways. From the ice bar for the natural flavour to the baked, curried, stir-fried, grilled, paella, etc from soups to salads to mains.
- Thursdays: If you’re a fan of BBQs, definitely go on Thursdays. Have your favourite meats or seafood BBQ’ed and don’t miss the famous Korean Bulgogi of pork belly and beef ribs. On the buffet you will find a variety of hot dishes from Champagne pork ribs to Prawn Masala to Black Pepper Crab to name a few.
- Fridays & Saturdays: These ones are the most popular ones and you must book in advance because it’s SEAFOOD MANIA night! Choose from a huge selection of seafood from Alaskan Crab, Mud Crab, Boston Lobster, fresh prawns, mussels and clams including a solo station of fresh oysters from Australia. On the hot stations you will be further spoiled for seafood in many ways from Asian cuisine to western.
We were for the SEAFOOD MANIA night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The array of seafood was just soooo good. We loved the fresh oysters, the abundance of salmon sashimi, the crabs, prawns and even the desserts were good.
I loved the chilled prawns and alaskan crab legs the best. So sweet and succulent. As I write this, I feel like going back again!!
Oysters were very fresh and chilled perfectly. It made eating oyster after oyster such a joy.
They had a good selection of roast meats and this really huge baked Salmon that was done to perfection.
The durian pengat and meringue pie definitely deserves a special mention – look at how beautiful the meringue pie is!! Too bad the durian pengat doesn’t photograph well, but take my word for it, IT IS YUM. Their array of ice cream is not to be missed too!
J65 buffet dinner is such a great secret of ours. We’ve been there a few times and have enjoyed the spread and service each time. If you ask me where to go for good hotel buffets in Singapore, go to J65 @ Hotel Jen Tanglin!
All buffets are accompanied with a wide selection of salads and a tempting array of desserts both local and international.
The above themed J65 buffet dinner are priced competitively at SGD55++ per person from Sundays to Tuesdays and SGD65++ from Wednesdays to Saturdays. Enjoy special introductory discount when you book online via hoteljen.com/bookJ65. For direct bookings please call 6831 4374.
P.s.: Do check for credit card discounts before heading down! 🙂 And make sure you make a reservation in advance! A lot of people are already starting to discover this gem of a buffet!
Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore, level 1
1A Cuscaden Road, Singapore 249716
T: (65) 6831 4374 E: firstname.lastname@example.org