We brought our little one to the new Hotel Jen at Tanglin last weekend and it was one of the most relaxing ones we’ve had in a long time – here’s a Hotel Jen review post! Hotel Jen has recently undergone this extensive $SGD45 million makeover to transition from Traders Hotel Singapore. The now-fresh and contemporary hotel, designed to attract the same highly valued business and leisure traveller, now reflects a modern functional design concept that removes many of the common pain points of today’s travellers – whether individuals, families or groups.
The gorgeous newly renovated hotel lobby at Hotel Jen Tanglin
First up, check out the Club Room (priced at an introductory offer of SGD$299 per night until February 2016) we stayed in!
This was our room but none of the 565 rooms are the same – with four contemporary locally curated wallpaper designs highlighting a Singapore theme (bicycle, orchid, goldfish and shop house). Each room includes thoughtful touches such as: free WiFi, USB charger outlets, high pressure walk-in showers, and king-sized “floating” beds with 300-thread count linen. Executive suites also include a pull-out sofa bed, a small pantry, a microwave and a SMEG fridge.
Here are some close-ups of the beautiful attention to details in our room:
We brought little Daniel down for a quick swim in the hotel’s 30m long pool since he loves swimming. Weather was super hot so we made sure to wait till the sun went down first! 😛
Me & my growing baby bump!
How They Made A Difference
They believe in being “jen-erous” with their offerings and they sure have. The little touches we experienced throughout our stay really made the difference – they made this Hotel Jen review post so easy to write! To name a few:
• Complimentary wi-fi – and not just complimentary. It is password-free, very fast and you are logged on seamlessly whether you’re at the pool, in your room, at the café or wherever you may be within the hotel compounds. This is a simple thing but this is the first hotel that got it right.
• Complimentary rental of Go-pro cameras – The only thing you have to bring is your SD Card or buy one from them!
• Complimentary rental of bicycles –Yess even this!! They have those very instagrammable, picture perfect Tokyo Bikes which you can ride to the nearby botanical gardens or be a little more adventurous and bike down Orchard road?! 😛
• Fruit-infused water – available at the lobby, not just for hotel guests but for all who are thirsty.
• Charging lockers – for your mobile phones. Everybody is always running out of battery these days. They have these charging lockers free for anyone to use.
• Complimentary Fruit Cups – these are freshly cut, sealed and refrigerated in every guest room. Who really wants a fruit basket these days?! You have to cut and wash it, etc. Cut fruit cups rock.
• Floats for guests at the pool – small thing but, thank you for the lounging floats!
• Ta Pao Box – This is revolutionary. People always try to secretly pack food from the hotel buffet whether it’s because they don’t have much of an appetite in the morning or woke up too late. Whatever the reason is, Hotel Jen generously provided boxes for you to take away food from the buffet! This was the same for the coffee!
• USB power outlets in the rooms – because really, most of our mobile devices use USB! ♥♥♥
Service was friendly and by the time we checked out of our 2D1N staycation, everybody knew Daniel by his name and gave him sweets whenever they saw him – just their way to get into the little smiley bugger’s heart. That was some nice customer service there eh – this must be what they call #ThatJenFeeling.
We also loved the vibrantly designed Club Lounge located on the 17th floor with open views of the nearby residential neighbourhood full of lush greenery,offering a wide variety of healthy breakfast items and a range of local and international cocktails and canapes in the evening becoming fast the most popular area of the hotel.
Beautiful isn’t it?
Breakfast, you’re looking good!
We’d love to stay with Hotel Jen again any time and if you are looking for a hotel to stay in Singapore or a staycation, I’d say go for Hotel Jen! 🙂 Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this Hotel Jen review post.
Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore is conveniently located just a stone’s throw from the renowned Orchard Road shopping district and the serene Botanical Gardens, a UNESCO world heritage site. Guests are connected to Tanglin Mall, with a variety of high quality shops, cafes, restaurants and supermarkets easily within reach. Camden Medical Centre and Gleneagles Hospital is just a 3-minute walk away. A free shuttle service is provided to Orchard Road, as well as weekday morning shuttle services to the Central Business District.
About Hotel Jen
Hotel Jen is a diverse collection of hotels in the best locations across Asia Pacific, with a unique brand of style and service delivery designed to appeal to a ‘New Jeneration’ of travellers.
The brand is the brainchild of virtual persona Jen, a professional hotelier and all-time lover of life, travel and discovery.
To guests, Hotel Jen delivers quality, comfort, convenience and value with a twist. Jen cares about what really matters to guests – the important things done well; comfortable rooms and honest authentic service; respect, privacy and efficiency served without fuss or intrusion; cultural insights; interesting experiences; and fast, free WiFi everywhere, always.