I do lots of stuff to my hair every month and I love it. I love going to my stylist, Caely, not knowing what I’m going to walk out looking like next. Since I do so much chemical treatments to my hair, I do have to take extra special care to my hair on a day-to-day basis. I recently tried a home haircare treatment by Shu Uemura.
Caely recommends I try the Shu Uemura Art Of Haircare haircare products – shampoo, conditioner and the protective hair oil. These are highly concentrated products and need only be used once every 2 days (alternating with my usual drugstore haircare products).
I recently enjoyed the Shu Uemura Master Treatment at Shunji Matsuo and it made my hair pretty soft, so I thought these home care products should be quite good too.
There are quite a few ranges to the haircare products but Caely recommended I use the following:
1) Shu Uemura Extreme Restoration Shampoo
This is from the ULTIMATE REMEDY range, containing lotus infusion that is highly concentrated in lipids for intense nourishment to ultra damaged hair. Together with ceramide, it repairs and reconstructs the hair.
2) Shu Uemura Colour Lustre Brilliant Glaze Conditioner
For colour-treated hair like mine, the main ingredient of this it the musk rose oil that is rich in fatty acids and vitamin A. This helps to restore vibrancy & shine.
3) Shu Uemura Essence Absolute Nourishing Protective Oil
I will then end off by applying 2 pumps of this oil. The velvety oil intensely nourishes and protects the hair, giving it high shine and UV protection. It’s like a leave-in hair elixir for hair life and lustre!
Do ask Caely to recommend what’s suitable for your hair! :)
Shunji Matsuo at 313Somerset has permanently closed. Their lead stylist, Caely Tham, has moved over to LeeKaJa, located at Mandarin Gallery. I now go to Caely at LeeKaJa for hair services.
Check out my experiences with Caely Tham at LeeKaJa here! Plus, there is this crazy good, and very popular hair treatment called the LeeKaJa Cinderalla hair treatment that will make you hair look naturally soft and straight. You must check it out here.
Check out other hair colours I’ve done with Caely Tham; maybe you’d find some colour inspiration for your next visit to the hair salon!
- Light Ash Brown – super demure and very wearable for work
- Platinum Brown + Shu Uemura Master Treatment
- 2NE1’s CL Hair Colour – Warm Honey Blonde
- Cosmic Cream Treatment aka Soft Rebonding
- Soft Rebonding by Caely Tham
- Mermaid Curls with Big Japanese Hair Perm
- Adding colour to those big curls
- Coral Brown Mermaid Curls + Shiseido Ultimate 5-Step Reconstruction Therapy Treatment
- Coral Beige Brown – one of my all-time favourites!
- Bold Pink Streaks or Red Ombre Streaks – take a look and decide!
- Blue & Green Ombre Ends
- Cut Bangs and Bright Red Ombre Ends
- Streaky Ombre Highlights – Caely’s The Expert At Ombre!
- Collage of all the hair colours I’ve had in 1.5 years!