There are heaps of home IP camera options out there in the market today. But all IP cameras are not made to be the same. I’m going to go ahead and say that the D-Link DCS 8515LH is my recommended all-in-one home IP camera.
It has all the features that you’ll need to monitor your home situation (whether you have elderly folks, helpers, pets or young children to monitor).
One Camera. See 360 Degrees.
We live in 2019, all IP Cameras should come with this function. But D-Link takes it up a another notch with the DCS-8515LH. It comes with 120 degree wide-angle field of view, 340 degree pan and 105 degree tilt range, providing you an incredible 360 degree view.
Look at the image below, that’s only ⅓ of the view I get from where I placed my D-Link IP Cam. I can easily point at the 360 degree preview image to go to the left and right.
There really is no escaping the watchful eyes of the DCS 8515LH. When connected to the mydlink app, you’ll be able to see a panorama view angle of your home and you can easily tap to pan or tilt to any area of your home.
See your home, any time, any where
One of the reasons why I think D-Link is the recommended home IP camera brand is because of how easy it is to monitor my home situation. The mydlink app (IOS & Android) allows me to view, pan, and tilt the IP camera and see what’s going on at home right off my phone.
It even features a very good night mode with the DCS 8515LH built-in infrared LEDs which allow a clear line of sight of up to 5 meters.
FREE Cloud Recording
With mydlink cloud service, you get free cloud storage for 24 hours, because who really has time to monitor home 24/7! It has really helped me catch up on my home situation even on busy days.
If you want videos to be recorded for a longer period, you can insert a microSD card or opt for the cloud subscription plan.
IMHO, the free 24 hours storage is more than enough for home users.
Excellent Smart Tracking
DCS 8515LH has built-in smart tracking function where it will detect the first moving object and automatically pan to follow the object as it moves across the room, providing an instant and more complete view on the moving object.
Super Easy Setup
So we’ve been using D-Link IP cameras in our home for years now and we’re very familiar with the D-Link app. Setting up a new D-Link Camera within the app is a breeze. Just follow the instructions to scan the QR code and it’s done.
Overall I really like the D-Link DCS 8515LH. Its pan, tilt and zoom function is impressive. It really allows me see more of what’s happening at home.
D-Link DCS 8515LH
- Auto Motion Tracking – Automatically Pan/Tilt to follow moving entities so they’re never out of sight
- 360° View – All-round views of your room, all the time
- Smart Home Compatible – Works with mydlink Smart Home devices, Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant and IFTTT
- Panorama View Angle Selection – See the camera’s range of view and tap to jump to a specific area
- HD Clarity – 720p HD quality video
- Day & Night – See up to 5m in the dark for peace of mind even when the sun goes down
- Two Way Audio – Built-in microphone and speaker
- Sound & Motion Detection – Stay on top of things with alert notifications and automatic video clip recordings
- Mounting Kit – Flexibly installs on roof and shelves
For more information, click here.